The Clinton River Area Mountain Biking Association (CRAMBA), Motor City Mountain Biking Association (MCMBA), and the Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association (Poto MBA) are teaming up this year to present the 2016 Tri-Chapter Ultimate Trail Challenge. The challenge involves riding all 33 of three local IMBA chapter trails at least once during the 2016 season. The challenge officially begins on February 1, 2016. Rides will be loosely coordinated on the Facebook event, chapter Facebook groups, or other various locations. Join a ride that has been posted, or exercise your self-reliance and organize your own trail outing and invite others to join. Get creative and combine multiple trails for some excellent endurance training rides. Submit your challenge summary by November 13th (send your summary by email to: email@example.com). The challenge summary can be a list of dates and trails you have ridden and recorded on Strava, for example. A template for tracking will be shared. Other means of documented challenge summaries will be considered at the discretion of the organizers.
There will be a post season special commemorative award for only those that have completed the challenge – a unique long sleeved shirt designed specifically for the challenge!
To participate, you must register on the BikeReg event page (https://www.bikereg.com/trichaptertrailchallenge). Cost is $15.
Please contact Jenny Schultz with any questions about the challenge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please save the dates for the following local multi-trail events! They are great opportunities to check many trails off your list!
- Milford Trail Challenge Bike Fest (MCMBA) – June 04, 2016
- Triple Trail Challenge (Poto MBA) – September 17, 2016
- Massive Fallout (CRAMBA) – October 1st, 2016
Rules: You must be a current IMBA member (CRAMBA, MCMBA, or Poto MBA) to participate.
13 CRAMBA trails include:
- Addison Oaks County Park (Leonard)
- Bald Mountain Recreation Area (Lake Orion)
- Bloomer Park (Rochester Hills)
- Clinton River Park Trails (Sterling Heights)
- Holly-Holdridge Mountain Bike Trail (Holly)
- Orion Oaks County Park (Lake Orion)
- Ortonville Recreation Area (Ortonville)
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area (Waterford)
- River Bends Park (Shelby Township)
- Ruby Campground (Avoca)
- Seven Lakes State Park (Holly)
- Stony Creek Metropark (Shelby Township)
- Stony Creek Trolley Trails (Shelby Township) – OPTIONAL
11 MCMBA trails include:
- Hickory Glen Park (Commerce Township)
- Highland Recreation Area (Highland Township)
- Hines Park (Plymouth Township)
- Island Lake Recreation Area (Brighton)
- Kensington to Proud Lake Connector (Milford Township)
- Lakeshore Park (Novi)
- Maybury State Park (Northville)
- Milford Trail (Milford)
- Munson Park (Monroe)
- Proud Lake Recreation Area (Commerce Township)
- Rouge Park (Detroit)
9 Potawatomi trails include:
- Brighton (Brighton)
- Grass Lake (Grass Lake)
- Hewen’s Creek (Ypsilanti)
- Morton – Taylor (Canton)
- Olson Park (Ann Arbor)
- Potawatomi (Pinckney)
- Rolling Hills (Ypsilanti)
- Sharon Mills (Manchester)
- Waterloo (Chelsea)